Dragoslav Banjak was born on September the 28th 1973 in Trebinje where he completed primary and secondary school for interpreters, obtaining the profession of interpreter assistant for French language. He graduated from the University of Montenegro, Faculty of Philosophy Nikšić, Department of History and Geography. He obtained his Masterˈs degree at the Faculty of Geography in Belgrade, Department of Physical Geography, course hydrology. He defended his PhD at the University of Belgrade, Faculty of Mininig and Geology, by which he acquired scientific degree-PhD in Technical Sciences in the Geology Field.
Dragoslav has worked as a geography professor in the Grammar school “Jovan Dučić” in Trebinje since 1999. He was a vice president of the School board in the period of 2005-2009, and a principal in 2010.
He is an author of nine scientific and professional papers and textbooks in the field of geography, hydrology and hydrogeology. He is a longstanding member of the International Association of Hydrogeologists. He participated in the defensive- patriotic war.
He is a member of the Alliance of Independent Socialist Democrats since 2006. He performs tasks of the City board secretary and is a member of the City board presidency and the Main board of the Alliance of Independent Socialist Democrats. He is married and father to two children.
Assembly chair is authorized to:
- Represent the Assembly
- Participate in preparations of meetings and manage sessions of the Assembly,
- Participate in preparations, manage sessions of Collegium of the Assembly;
- Initiate inclusion of issues, from the scope of the Assembly, into agendas of the Assembly, the Collegium of the Assembly and working bodies
- Ensure that principles and provisions, given in the Rules of Procedures of the City Assembly, are respected, as well as other regulations of working bodies and the Collegium;
- Ensure rights to all aldermen clubs during Assembly session preparation, sessions of the Assembly and its Collegium;
- Run sessions according to best practices in parliamentary democracy and according to provisions given in the Rules of Procedures of the City Assembly
- Ensure cooperation between the Assembly and the Mayor, and monitor Assembly’s decisions and conclusions;
- Manage cooperation with other municipal assemblies, other bodies and organizations
- Sign acts adopted by the Assembly and perform other duties required by Law, Statute and the Rules of Procedures.